Re: RES: Como instalar placa de rede

Na verdade há dois módulos para a Realtek 8139:
rtl8139 e 8139too(para Kernel 2.4.X)

Copiado e colado do Ethernet-HOWTO.html:
"RealTek 8129/8139

Another PCI single chip ethernet solution from RealTek. A driver for cards
based upon this chip was included in the v2.0.34 release of linux. You
currently have to answer `Y' when asked if you want experimental drivers for
v2.2 kernels to get access to this driver.

Donald says that cards based on this chip are around the same price (or even
cheaper in places - 13 bucks!) as a PCI NE2000 clone card, and while the
8139 design is not the best 10/100 board, it is better than a PCI NE2000
clone card.

The 2.4.x kernels have another driver called 8139too which was based on
rtl8139 but tries to adress some of the more common problems people were
reporting, so you may wish to try that if using a 2.4 kernel. "

Carlos