Betreff: Fw: debian-KDE: bullseye i386 white screen after install of firmware-amd-graphics and starting KDE
Datum: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 14:32:38 +0100
Von: Doerte-manfred@web.de
An: Manfred Dörte <doerte-manfred@web.de>

Gesendet: Freitag, 04. März 2022 um 14:32 Uhr
Von: Doerte-manfred@web.de
An: "Debian Bug Tracking System" <submit@bugs.debian.org>

Gesendet: Freitag, 04. März 2022 um 14:06 Uhr
Von: Doerte-manfred@web.de
An: "Debian Bug Tracking System" <submit@bugs.debian.org>
From: manfred <doerte-manfred@web.de>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 11:36:43 +0100
Package: debian-i386
Severity: normal
Dear Maintainer,
*** Reporter, please consider answering these questions, where appropriate ***
   * What led up to the situation?

    Normal installation of bullseye i386 with KDE on an old IBM thinkpad r51 with radeon graphics
    Installation of firmware-amd-graphics according to www.debian.org/AtiHowTo

   * What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or ineffective)?

    After installation I restart the system

   * What was the outcome of this action?

    Then I got a white screen instead of the login of the KDE window manager.
    It was possible to enter (blind) my password. KDE trys to start then I could see a crash window with the attached report.

   * What outcome did you expect instead?

    Normal operation of the Window Manager KDE and faster graphics operation then before installing the firmware
    I have tested it several times with and without the non-free DVD Image. I recognize that the firmware from the
    online mirror is older (202103xx) than the manual download of the firmware (20210818) from
    the i386 non-free download point.

    On time I tested the firmware-amd-graphics with Xfce window Manager and it works fine

    Attached you will find a plasmashell krash log.

regards

*** End of the template - remove these template lines ***

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 11.2
  APT prefers stable-updates
  APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'stable-security'), (500, 'stable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 5.10.0-11-686 (SMP w/1 CPU thread)
Locale: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE not set
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled