Re: Shockwave Flash

Hi Fred!

Please quote properly, please do not top-post.

Am Mittwoch, 1. August 2012 schrieb Fred Zinsli:

> >> Do you have recent experience with gnash? The last time I tried it,
> >> it didn't work very well. I'd prefer to use it over proprietary
> >> software.

> > **apt-get remove gnash*
>
> Did that. Also removed flashplugin-nonfree as I had both installed.
> Removed symbolic links in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins. Checked both
> chromium and firefox to see if any flash plugin was installed, non
> was.
>
> > apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
>
> Did that after I removed everything else. Installed without error.
> Chromium and firefox state that the flashplugin-nonfree is installed,
> but I cannot view any flash sites at all.
>
> Both browsers report the following as installed plugins: Shockwave
> Flash 11.2 r202

Works here just fine.

Shockwave Flash

    Datei: libflashplayer.so
    Version:
    Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202

Exact same version.

So I am puzzled. Maybe some extension is interfering?

What does "cannot view any flash sites at all" exactly mean? What happens
if you try.

Ciao,