Re: Virtualisierung unter Debian

Am Donnerstag 07 Januar 2010 schrieb Harald Weidner:
> VirtualBox gibt es in zwei verschiedenen Varianten. Die Open Source
>  Edition (OSE) ist in Debian bereits enthalten, die proprietäre kann
>  auf download.virtualbox.org als Debian Paketarchiv eingebunden werden.
>  Letzere hat mehr Funktionen, ist aber kein Open Source und darf nur
>  privat oder für Ausbildungszwecke kostenlos genutzt werden.

Die Lizenz besagt etwas anderes:

§ 2 Grant of license. (1) Sun grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-
transferable, limited license without fees to reproduce, install, execute,
and use internally the Product a Host Computer for your Personal Use,
Educational Use, or Evaluation. “Personal Use” requires that you use the
Product on the same Host Computer where you installed it yourself and that
no more than one client connect to that Host Computer at a time for the
purpose of displaying Guest Computers remotely. “Educational use” is any
use in an academic institution (schools, colleges and universities, by
teachers and students). “Evaluation” means testing the Product for a
reasonable period (that is, normally for a few weeks); after expiry of
that term, you are no longer permitted to evaluate the Product.

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/VirtualBox_PUEL

6. What exactly do you mean by personal use and academic use in the
Personal Use and Evaluation License?

Personal use is when you install the product on one or more PCs yourself
and you make use of it (or even your friend, sister and grandmother). It
doesn't matter whether you just use it for fun or run your multi-million
euro business with it. Also, if you install it on your work PC at some
large company, this is still personal use. However, if you are an
administrator and want to deploy it to the 500 desktops in your company,
this would no longer qualify as personal use. Well, you could ask each of
your 500 employees to install VirtualBox but don't you think we deserve
some money in this case? We'd even assist you with any issue you might
have.

Use at academic institutions such as schools, colleges and universities by
both teachers and students is covered. So in addition to the personal use
which is always permitted, academic institutions may also choose to roll
out the software in an automated way to make it available to its students
and personnel.

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Licensing_FAQ

Dennoch setze ich in der Regel die Open-Source-Edition ein, da ich in der
Regel weder USB noch Virtual RDP brauch.

Ciao,