een "backport" van package hutsefluts

Hoi,

Als het meezit, dan ben ik een zinvolle tip aan het doorsturen.

----- Forwarded message from Daniel Gröber -----

Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 10:30:25 +0100
From: Daniel Gröber
To: David Pottage
Cc: debian-backports@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Backport restic to bullseye?

On Mon, Feb 07, 2022 at 09:06:55AM +0000, David Pottage wrote:
> On 2022-02-05 18:54, Jan De Luyck wrote:
> You don't need to wait for a backport if you don't want to.
>
> The restic downloadable is a single statically linked binary, so it is
> very easy to download and install without the need for a distro package.

Alternatively it's also pretty easy to use the restic Debian package from
sid right on stable because it if like me you dont particularily trust
upstream binaries.

Just add an entry for sid in sources.list and do some APT pinning:

/etc/apt/preferences:

    # Don't install things from sid by default
    Package: *
    Pin: release a=unstable
    Pin-Priority: -10

    # Except for restic.
    Package: restic
    Pin: release a=unstable
    Pin-Priority: 999

That being said I looked into backporting restic a while back too and it
seemed like a PITA because a fair number of go dependencies would have to
be backported too.

--Daniel

----- End forwarded message -----

Laat maar weten of dat ook zo is.