Re: Ontvanger

Hallo,

Op 22-10-15 om 19:51 schreef Dmitry Katsubo:
> Hoi Paul,
>
> Alvast excuses voor mijn Nederlands -- ik hoop dat Engels is ook
> toelaatbaar in dit maillist.

I don't think that's a big problem. But you also try it in Dutch.

> I was curios to read your blog about DVD reception, also because I tried
> to play with it myself few years ago and made some notes in my wiki:
>
>> https://www.centurion.link/w/software/linux#how_to_watch_dvb-t_tv_channels
>
> In general it worked, but the reception was not so good (some
> interruptions, no channels scanned from time to time, etc) -- perhaps I
> need to place antenna close to the window, but I would need few meters
> long antenna cable (or USB cable).

It depends on your location. The quality is not always good.

> And afterwards I have discovered that
> most (or even all) DVB-broadcasted channels are available via my wall
> antenna, so I put the idea into long box. I believe that all free
> channels are re-translated to everyone by cable (correct me if I am
> wrong), even if he is not subscribed to any TV-provider (like Ziggo).

You have to pay for TV cable normally.

If you use a digital connection you are not looking anonymously (some
people don't like that), and in many cases you can only connect to only
1 sender.

> Second challenge was the idea to show the output to my TV, preferably
> without running X-Server. The only way was to use FrameBuffer (fbset
> utility), but unfortunately, not all players allow streaming to it, and
> those who claim (xine, mplayer) have not worked for me. Do you have any
> experience with that?

No, I use a computer monitor and X-server.

I did not wrote the blog, it was Kevin Keijzer. Maybe he has experience
with it, but he does not follow this list.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

https://www.vandervlis.nl/