Re: [Debian] Kästchen statt Buchstaben nach woody-update

"Klaus-M.Klingsporn" wrote:

> Danke für den Tip, bei mir hat sich bei den Updates der letzten Tage
> allerdings nichts getan, immer noch Kästchen (langsam wirds lästig).
> Hat denn jemand eine Idee, welches der Pakete der Übeltäter ist?

vielleicht. probier doch mal den unten angegebenen tip.

From: Bob Nielsen <nielsen@oz.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:09:33 -0700
To: debian-testing@lists.debian.org, debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Latest woody upgrade to causes fonts in X to disappear

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 02:27:18AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 10:07:35PM -0700, Bob Nielsen (nielsen@oz.net) wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 09:13:04AM -0700, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> > > I did an 'apt-get upgrade' to my testing system yesterday and got > 50
> > > MB of upgraded packages(!)
> > >
> > > This upgrade included version 4.10 of X. I notice now that on a large
> > > number of applications, such as the Gnome desktop and applications
> > > which have pop-up or drop-down menus, that the text has been replaced
> > > by squares (in fact, this makes Gnome essentially unusable; switching
> > > to kde restored much of the functionality).  I assume this means that a
> > > particular font got messed up by the upgrade, but I really don't know
> > > where to look.  Has anyone else seen this (and found a solution)?
> >
> > Thanks for all the suggestions.  I found the answer in another thread
> > which suggested changing the order of the "fonts" section in
> > XF86Config-4.
>
> ...to what?

Section "Files"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
EndSection

cu
--
hafi