[Debian]:Re: Benachtichtigung bei neuer Mail!

On Mon, Jun 05, 2000 at 04:44:42PM +0200, Ulrich Wiederhold wrote:
> Hallo Pascal,
>
> > Ich bin mir nicht sicher was Du genau willst, aber mit
> > export MAILPATH='~/mail/inbox?You have mail'
> > in der ~/.bashrc schreibt mir die bash eine Nachricht auf die Konsole,
> > sobald neue Mails in ~/mail/inbox sind.
>
> Das ist fast genauso, wie ich es wollte. Kann ich das auch gleichzeitig
> für mehrere Ordner machen?

RTFM: bash(1) und suche nach MAILPATH liefert:

    MAILPATH
          A colon-separated list of file names to be checked  for
          mail.  The message to be printed when mail arrives in a
          particular file may be specified by separating the file
          name  from  the  message  with a `?'.  When used in the
          text of the message, $_ expands  to  the  name  of  the
          current mailfile. Example:
          MAILPATH='/var/mail/bfox?"You                      have
          mail":~/shell-mail?"$_ has mail!"'
          Bash supplies a default value for  this  variable,  but
          the  location  of  the  user mail files that it uses is
          system dependent (e.g., /var/mail/$USER).

--
marko schulz

I am the "ILOVEGNU" signature virus. Just copy me to your signature.
This email was infected under the terms of the GNU General Public License.