Date: 4 Feb 1999 00:09:30 -0000
To: Debian Developers <debian-vote@lists.debian.org>
From: Darren Benham -- Project Secretary <secretary@debian.org>
Subject: [ELECTION RESULTS] - and the winnser is...

I am pleased to announce that Wichert Akkerman is the new leader of the Debian
Project for the next year.  I have confidence that Wichert will do a
spectacular job leading us into the year 2000.  If nothing else cuts his term
short, he will serve until 0000 UTC February 4th.  Congratulations, Wichert.

leader99 results - 208 valid votes

WICHERT AKKERMAN
     Dominates BEN COLLINS [172 - 28]
     Dominates JOSEPH CARTER [177 - 24]
     Dominates RICHARD BRAAKMAN [149 - 55]
     Dominates NONE of the above [196 - 7]

"WICHERT AKKERMAN" wins by dominating all others.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
 "OS/2?  Hah.  I've got Linux.  What a cool name"  (Linus Torvalds)