Re: Wheezy update of texlive-base?

Hi Norbert,

Am 07.03.2017 um 03:08 schrieb Norbert Preining:
> Hi Markus,
>
>> Would you like to take care of this yourself?
>
> I have prepared a new package and tried to build it in my
> wheezy chroot/cowbuilder, but that ended in segfaults.
> It seems that either my wheezy chroot is broken, or the binaries
> in wheezy (bash) cannot run anymore on my sid system.

Probably you run your Wheezy chroot on a system with Linux kernel >=
4.8.4 which has LEGACY_VSYSCALL_NONE enabled and breaks (e)glibc 2.13
and earlier[1].

You can boot your kernel with parameter "vsyscall=emulate" in order to
make the Wheezy chroot work again.

Cheers,
 jonas

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2016/11/msg00303.html