Re: Comments regarding texlive-bin_2015.20150524.37493-1_amd64.changes

On Tue, 02 Jun 2015, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> Anyway, in texlive-base a list of contained licenses is mentioned in
> debian/copyright. Somehow I am missing such a list in texlive-bin.
> libs/* seems to be full of stuff with lots of different licenses.

I added this to the copyright file:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3. Licenses for included libraries

libs/cairo
        licensed under LGPL-2.1
        cairo/cairo-*/COPYING
        cairo/cairo-*/COPYING-LGPL-2.1

libs/freetyp
        licensed under GPLv2 (or FreeType License)
        freetype2/freetype-*/docs/LICENSE.TXT

libs/gd
        licensed under its own license, see
        gd/libgd-*/COPYING
        ~~~~~~~
        Permission has been granted to copy, distribute and modify gd in
        any context without fee, including a commercial application,
        provided that this notice is present in user-accessible supporting
        documentation.
        ~~~~~~~

libs/libpng
        licensed under the libpng license, see
        libpng/libpng-*/LICENSE
        ~~~~~~
        Permission is hereby granted to use, copy, modify, and distribute this
        source code, or portions hereof, for any purpose, without fee, subject
        to the following restrictions:

        1. The origin of this source code must not be misrepresented.

        2. Altered versions must be plainly marked as such and must not
           be misrepresented as being the original source.

        3. This Copyright notice may not be removed or altered from any
           source or altered source distribution.

       The Contributing Authors and Group 42, Inc. specifically permit, without
        fee, and encourage the use of this source code as a component to
        supporting the PNG file format in commercial products.  If you use this
        source code in a product, acknowledgment is not required but would be
        appreciated.
        ~~~~~~

libs/lua52
        licensed under MIT license
        lua52/lua-*/doc/readme.html

libs/luajit
        licensed under MIT license
        luajit/LuaJIT-*/COPYRIGHT

libs/poppler
        licensed under GPLv2
        poppler/poppler-*/COPYING

libs/teckit
        licensed under GLPL 2.1 (or Common Public License)
        teckit/TECkit-*/license/LICENSING.txt

in git.

Does that help?

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13