Re: please announce split-outs before you upload

Hi Matthias, hi Helmut,

I have now investigated what might be the reason, and I honestly don't
see anything on our side.

* the file cm-super-t1.enc has been in cm-super-minimal since 2007,
  thus also with TL 2012 in stable (and even in oldstable).

* since most (all?) FTBFS are related to texi2dvi (or friends), I have
  contacted Karl Berry from texinfo, and he confirmed that there hasn't
  been any change since the switch to texinfo 5.0
  (see attached email)

* I also compared the psfonts.map/pdffonts.map entries between 2012
  and 2014, there is no difference.

* I also checked that not all .texi files need the T1 encoding, it
  depends on which commands are used.

That leaves the following options:
* changes in the texi code
  some characters are taken from the EC fonts since they are not available
  in the OT1/cmr fonts. If the texi file changed, this might be a reason.

* changed/updated/outdated texinfo.tex
  Actually many packages from the bug reports) use their own texinfo.tex
  file, which is not recommended by teh author (Karl Berry), nor by us.

I am a bit lost here, as there has been no changes *what*so*ever* that
I can imagine from our side influencing this change.

I will try to hunt it down, but I am not very optimistic

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13