Re: libpng transition and how to deal with embedded copies

Hi,

2013/12/20 Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>:
> On Fr, 20 Dez 2013, Nobuhiro Iwamatsu wrote:
>> Could you re-clone or pull after remove upstream/1.6.7 tag ?
>
> Thanks, recloned, retested, worked perfectly.
>
> I build and tried to install it, but that does not work.
> Too many -dev packages still depend on 1.2 and thus I cannot
> go ahead until all the other libraries are updated.

Yes, because we do not start yet transidion. And libpng16-dev does not
have a setting
that provides as libpng-dev yet. We will when the transition to
lbpng16 is permitted, to remove
libpng-dev from libpgn12-dev, is set to libpgn16-dev.
And there are many packages that depend on libpng12-dev instead of
libpng-dev yet.
This is also probably one of the causes an error occurs.
I have a bug related to this in most packages.

> If you need any help with the transition, I will gladly help

Thank you. If we need help, is not only you, we will ask for help to
many developers.

> Thanks a lot

Best regards,
  Nobuhiro