Re: Future of ko.tex* packages

  Hi Norbert,

  That's easy because it's already done ;) → http://bugs.debian.org/707574

> * second, I suggest *removing* this package as it is not
>   required by anyone, and since my last upload of
>   src:texlive-lang 2013.20131112-1, and uptodate (2013)
>   version of ko-tex is included in texlive-lang-cjk.
>
> I see two options:
> * simple removal and I add a conflicts in texlive-lang-cjk
>   to that the package is removed
> * I build in a addition a transitional package ko.tex etc etc
>   (3-4 packages) from texlive-lang-cjk to force transition.
>
> I am not sure what the QA Team wants. THere is the problem that
> ko-tex has changed significantly since 2007, and maybe maybe
> old documents cannot be set anymore. But having the version of
> 2007 in the archive does not help anyone.
>
> My personal preference is: removal of the k.tex* package and
> I just only add a conflict against ko.tex*.
>
> What do you think?

  I believe your personal preference is the right thing to do, given
your summary. Filed the removal bug → http://bugs.debian.org/730016

  best regards,
--
 Ricardo Mones, on behalf of Debian QA/MIA team
 http://people.debian.org/~mones