RE:Asymptote updates and git repository

Hello

> Ok, that is fine with me, too. Or the collab-maint area could
> also be a good place.

it is true that asymptote is closely related toTex :).

> Frédéric-Emmanuel has a git repository in collab-maint, which was
> updated to Asymptote 2.21, but it doesn't look like he ever uploaded
> it.
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/asymptote.git
>
> I have an older git repository, which is current up to the current
> Debian version (2.15-2).
> http://vcs.uhoreg.ca/git/cgit/asymptote/

As explain by HuberI publish this repository because no one was available when I worked on asymptote.
Now I packaged symptote 2.24, but I did not upload it due to problem. with this versionI can not produce my figures.
So I prefer to stick with 1.15.

I can not remember is this was the same with 2.23.
I amwondering if the problemis not a bad interraction with osmesa ?

> I have done the following:
> * cloned your repository
> * merged in most of the changes (those I could) from Frédéric's
>   repository (preserving authorship etc by using git format-patch
>   and git am)
> * updated it with my changes for 2.23

> The new repository (different from the one I pushed before) is again
> in
>  http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-tex/asymptote.git;a=summary
>  git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-tex/asymptote.git

Just a few remark do you plan to backport asymptote ?
I yes I think that it would be better to stick with python-imaging instead of python-pil.

with the last upload of python-pil,dist-upgrade proposedtoremove asymptote ???
then I reinstall it with no problem but with -pil packageswhich provide the old python-imaging ones.

your get-orig-source target repack the original tarball and remove some files but keep the original tarballname.
Does it correspond to the 2.23 version uploaded into you git repository ?

> Concerning maintainance I see two options, could both of you
> please give me your opinion:
> * Debian TeX Maintainers
>   move the package under to hood of the debian-tex-maint, change
>  maintainer, git etc etc, keep us all in the uploaders,
>   grant you and Frédéric write access to the debian-tex group

I am fine with this proposition.

> * Collab-maint
>   keep you as maintainer, add myself as uploaders
>   replace the asymptote.git which is there at the moment with
>   the one from you patched, up as I did (i.e., with the git repo
>   I created)

juste tell me when I can remove the collab repository.

cheers

Frederic