Re: Asymptote updates and git repository

Hi Norbert,

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 22:40:41 +0900, Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> said:

[...]

> Now my questions are:
> * What are your plans for asymptote?

I personally don't currently have enough time to maintain it, so I would
be happy for someone else to take it over.

> * Do you consider co-maintainance?

I would be fine with either co-maintenance, or letting someone else (or
a group) take over the maintenance.  I don't mind being listed as an
uploader; I can help out occasionally, and I have a good relationship
with upstream, but I think that it would be better if someone else is
listed as maintainer.

> * Would you be interested in moving asymptote into the debian-tex
> group? I would give you access to all the git repos there and chnage
> the maintainer to Debian TeX Group and all of us as uploaders.

I think that debian-tex would be a logical place for asymptote to live.

> * Do you have you up-to-now development in a VCS so that we can build
> upn that instead of starting a git repo afresh?

Frédéric-Emmanuel has a git repository in collab-maint, which was
updated to Asymptote 2.21, but it doesn't look like he ever uploaded
it.
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/asymptote.git

I have an older git repository, which is current up to the current
Debian version (2.15-2).
http://vcs.uhoreg.ca/git/cgit/asymptote/

Frédéric-Emmanuel's git repository was created independently from mine
(it was created before I made mine public), so they can't be merged, but
it should be possible to just apply his commits on top of mine.

BTW, Norbert, thanks for all your work with the TeX packages.

Hubert