Re: CONFIG_SHELL in texlive-bin: why?

Hi Norbert,

> can anyone remember why in texlive-bin debian/rules
>  export SHELL=/bin/bash
>  export CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/sh
> i.e., CONFIG_SHELL is different?

> It seems that it breaks on systems where /bin/sh = dash ...

I have a faint recollection... Some configure script gave a wrong output - I think it was essentially a workaround for a bug in the shell script, which did something like testing for a particular function and assume that it can deduce the interpreter from that.

In other words: If it works without CONFIG_SHELL, both on systems with dash installed and without, just kick it out.