Re: biblatex and biber

Hi Norbert

Thank you very much for your effort in cleaning up my mess.

It is good to know that the problems started before I tried v1.7.  I did not realise that my steps were not gbp-compliant.

It's not that I didn't read the manuals.  I did RTFM but I got totally lost.

I use Mercurial for another project and that is very efficient for our team.

Cheers

--
Danai

On 14 Jul 2013 22:32, "Norbert Preining" <preining@logic.at> wrote:
On So, 14 Jul 2013, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Actually, it is already before that, namely when you started importing
> upstreamd 1.5 into the master branch bypassing git-bp and
> not tagging properly. 96b9158f3ce37b180436dbe713501cb95aafdbf6

Ok, I have reworked the whole biber git repository and created
my own copy. What I have done:

- started from the last proper commit
- used git-import-orig instead of merging
- after that re-merged back the changes you made
- imported 1.6
- branched a master1.7 fro later and imported the new 1.7 orig
  (git-import-orig --debian-branch=master1.7 ...)
- removed all the stale tags from upstream git
- adapted the changelog  in the master branch to 1.6

All is available at
        debian-tex's git repository biber-norb.git
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-tex/biber-norb.git;a=summary
git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-tex/biber-norb.git
git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-tex/biber-norb.git
http://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-tex/biber-norb.git

THe history is now clean, and building with gbp works (hopefully),
and you can work on the 1.6 release for now, and in parallel develop
for the 1.7.

As soon as you are done with the 1.7, you merge master1.7 into master
which will give some conflicts I guess if you do the same in both.

PREINING, Norbert                               http://www.preining.info
JAIST, Japan                                 TeX Live & Debian Developer
DSA: 0x09C5B094   fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76  A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094