Re: xetex on armel - disable or not?

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 11:40:56AM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On So, 02 Jun 2013, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> > Option 3 is probably: "wait".
> >
> > I just uploaded a graphite2 using the patch from
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=710336#56.
> > Built fine on my armel box.
>
> What is the status wrt harfbuzz at the moment?

What happened with "just look".? It is complete
(graphite2 1.2.2-2 is available also on armel/spar, that's
why I wrote tehe "just wait" mail, but you probably just
ignored that one) and it has both icu and graphite2 support.

The new graphite2/harfbuzz combo even is in testing now.

> didn't remove harfbuzz from the texlive-bin source, since it lacked

I never understoof why you remove all them from the source. just don't
use/build them. it's fine. LO also ships all them (without them a
backport wouzld be impossible) but doesn't use them. Noone complained.

> ICU support in Debian. Then this was added and I removed it again,

It has that now (you need a extra -lharfbuzz-icu - which is given
you by pkg-config when using harfbuzz-icu.pc), but otherwise it's there.
Verified by LO built against it. (it needs that harfbuzz icu support
too)

> I don't want to lknow what the current status is. I have decided
> I will wait at least a month or so, maybe harfbuzz/graphite2/whatever
> stabilizes in this time in Debian. I have better things to do but
> rebuilding texlive-bin on a daily rythm due to another iteration
> of harfbuzz/graphite changes.

That shouldn't happen anymore. FWIW there wouldn't have been "graphite
changes" is harfbuzz enabled it from the beginning except on the failed
archs.

> I appreciate if you can work that out so that graphite2 and harfbuzz
> is usable on all platforms at some point. Until that time, I will

It is already.

Anyway, at least graphite2 will sort itself out itself when sparc once builds.
harfbuzz can be used from the system, too, imho.

Regards,

Rene