Re: All those useless bugs in the TeX Live packages

Hi everyone,

On Fr, 31 Mai 2013, Hilmar Preusse wrote:
> Yes, correct. Simply b/c I completely lost track how TL is packaged
> actually.

Well, the texlive-bin is at least a very very normal package
in git packaging format (master/upstream/pristine-tar branches).
The TL building has not changed fundamentally, and recently I have
cleaned up a lot of code and removed a lot of useless files. It
is getting better. But I know, it is still a mess.

> As you might have noticed I've reduced my Debian work to 0 and that
> won't change in the near future. I don't really like the idea to

No problem with that, thanks for all the work you have contributed!

> close all bougs we didn't cause ourself (i.e. upstream bugs). However
> if nobody has the time to care about them we'd shouldn't keep people
> in the hope we would.

Right. I will not look into all these bugs, and I don't
see anyone doing it.