Re: Removing ThaiLaTeX

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:

> I have now committed code to the following avail:
> * texlive-lang-other will contain the thailatex files again
>   (plus garuda etc)

Do you mean thailatex or babel-thai?
thailatex will be deleted from CTAN soon.
babel-thai is the newer version of thailatex's babel stuffs.

> * src:texlive-lang will build a transitional package thailatex which
>   depends on texlive-lang-other
> * texlive-lang-other recommends
>      latex-fonts-thai-tlwg, swath, texlive-latex-extra

This is fine.

> After I have sonme packages with lintian errors I will also
> replace the fonts in fonts-tlwg with links to the fonts in
> the Debian package for the fonts (fonts-tlwg-whatever).

I'm not sure if I understand it right. fonts-tlwg-* are TrueType fonts,
while fonts-tlwg in LaTeX provides Type1 fonts. Can they be linked?

> As the maintainer of thailatex, do you agree to this takeover
> of the package, including the package name?

I am fine with the transitional package.
But please note the difference between the contents above.

Thanks,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/