Re: biblatex and biber

Hi all

I am afraid that packaging Biber will take a bit longer than expected.
It depends on packages such as Data::Diver.  Gregor (thanks) has
contacted the upstream author to include some licensing information,
but there has been no update yet.

I will ask the upstream Biber authors to consider using a different
Perl package or technique, because I suppose that Debian will not be
the only distribution that needs some valid licensing information.

If some of you really feel adventurous and need Biber 1.5 instead of
the packaged 0.9 version, I have updated the Debian GIT repository of
the Biber package to a more recent version.  Given that not all Perl
dependencies have been packaged and uploaded yet, you may want to
install some CPAN modules on your local machine and remove some
entries in d/control.

Thank you for your patience, and let us hope Biber 1.5 will be
packaged soon with all its shiny new dependencies.  :-)

BR

--
Danai