Re: RFC: What about /usr/share/texmf/doc

Hi Frank,

On Di, 11 Dez 2012, Frank Küster wrote:
> I would prefer the switch away from /usr/share/doc/texmf if it doesn't
> cause too much trouble.

Troubles are:
* code added to the preinst, postinst, postrm scripts of tex-common
* packages that are not updated will their docs not be found by texdoc
* packages have to be rebuild

> Your wrote that there is already some code.  Do
> you think this can be re-used by the packages not under our control?

Other packages don't need any code, the only need to be build again
with the package documentation moved to /usr/share/texmf/doc and
preferrably a dependency on tex-common >= 4. Other packages but
tex-common don't need any code.

ADRIGOLE (n.)
The centrepiece of a merry-go-round on which the man with the tickets
stands unnervingly still.