Re: User specific tds

At Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2012 Frank Kuester wrote:
> Try
>
> kpsewhich --show-path 'TeX system documentation'
>
> and you know where to put your documentation files below ~/.tex/.  Or
> read the TDS.

Sorry for bothering you again, but my problem just reoccurred and I do not
understand it, as the behavior seems to contradict your explanations.

If I enter the command,
> ~/> kpsewhich --show-path 'TeX system documentation' | tr ":" "\n"
I get the following output
> /home/pat/.texmf-config/doc//
> /home/pat/.tex/doc//
> /home/pat/texmf/doc//
> /etc/texmf/doc//
> !!/var/lib/texmf/doc//
> !!/usr/share/texmf/doc//
> !!/usr/share/texlive/texmf/doc//
> !!/usr/local/share/texmf/doc//
> !!/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/doc//

So the paths look as I want them to look. However, when I enter the command
> ~/> texdoc -l autonum
the order of the first two entries is different to my expectation (and my
needs)
>  1 /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/doc/latex/autonum/autonum.pdf
>    = Package documentation
>  2 /home/pat/.tex/doc/latex/autonum/autonum.pdf
>    = Package documentation

Could you please explain (again), what I am doing wrong or what I have to
change to get the expected output?

Cheers
Patrick