Re: context format

Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
Mon, 28 May 2012 22:58:45 +0900

   Hi Eythan,

   On Mo, 28 Mai 2012, Eythan Weg wrote:
   > I thought to mention it because of the current discussion regarding
   > alternatives  to texconfig, and it involves inserting   just one tiny
   > file for each of the versions of context.

   Well .. in principle yes, in principle tl-paper can easily be
   adapted to work with contxt, because the upstream modules TLPaper.pm
   works with ocntext, but one has to make sure it works in the
   Debian way ...

   >    > I read it a long time ago.  But as I read it now, I believe it does not
   >    > explain how to create a context format.  In any case, I advocate the
   >
   >    You don't need a context format. It will be *anyway* rebuild
   >    and saved in your TEXMFVAR when you run it.
   >
   >    Just use
   >    	context ...
   >    and all will work out automatically, at least that is the plan.
   >
   > Yes,  thank you.   But the preferred location (i think) is
   > TEXMFSYSVAR.  And then create only cont-en.fmt.

   First, I don't think that a format dump in TEXMFSYS will be *read*at*all*
   by current context when run by normal user.

Here is what I learned  from you;  and to wit:
I removed all luatex-cache directories ( from ~/.texmf-var as well as from from /var/lib/texmf/)
run sudo mtxrun --generate and  sudo luatools --make cont-en.

And everything seems to be working.  No user  cont-en.fmt is built
after a run of context.

   And then, cont-en.fmt *is* already built automatically, but it is a
   MarkII format AFAIR. But if you have a lot of experience with COnTeXt
   I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to get support in packaging this beast!

This cont-en.fmt is in /var/lib/texmf/web2c/pdftex.

Unfortunately, very little experience here.....

   FOINDLE (vb.)
   To queue-jump very discreetly by working one's way up the line without
   being spotted doing so.