Re: packages creating TEXMFLOCAL/ls-R

On Sa, 14 Apr 2012, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> Package: abntex
> Version: 0.9~beta2-5

runs simply "mktexlsr" in the postinst, should simply run
	mktexlsr /usr/share/texmf
instead.
Easier: Call dh_installtex in rules file and drop everything what
is now in postinst.

> Package: acl2-infix
> Source: acl2
> Version: 4.3-2

same as above, only they call texhash

> Package: chaksem
> Version: 1.7b-5

in principle the same as above, should call mktexlsr with argumetns,
or use dh_instaltex

> Package: jbibtex-base
> Source: ptex-base
> Version: 1:2.5-2

Working on a replacement for that, but same as above

> Package: latex-xcolor
> Version: 2.11-1

same as above

> Package: latex209-base
> Source: latex209
> Version: 25.mar.1992-12.4

same as above

> Package: latex2html
> Version: 2008-debian1-6

Same as above (Himar did that)

> Package: maxima-emacs
> Source: maxima
> Version: 5.27.0-1

same as above

> Package: plywood
> Version: 0.5.11+nmu1

same as above

> Package: ptex-base
> Version: 1:2.5-2

same as above
but will be removed anyway soon

> Package: ptex-jisfonts
> Version: 2-21.2

will be removed soon

> Package: tetex-brev
> Version: 4.22.6

same as above

> Package: tetex-frogg
> Version: 0.4-3

same as above

> Package: whizzytex
> Version: 1.3.2-1

same as above.

For all these the simplest solution is:
	Please call mktexlsr with the argument where the files are
	installed, that is with 99.9999%
		mktexlsr /usr/share/texmf
That is for the postinst, I didn't check the postrm and other
scripts.

Best

And wow! Hey! What's this thing coming towards me very
fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a
big wide sounding word like... ow... ound... round...
ground! That's it! That's a good name - ground!
I wonder if it will be friends with me?
                 --- For the sperm whale, it wasn't.