Re: a problem by jtex

Hi,

>> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 20:58:17 +0900
>> preining@logic.at (Norbert Preining) said as follows:

>> Only very simple documents can be processed with both JTeX and pTeX.

>Yes of course, this is what I suppose, they are not compatible.  But
>there is a package ptex-jtex which seems to try to emulate jtex with
>ptex. That is a different question.

Sorry for misleading software names.

ASCII pTeX was called as ASCII jTeX when it supported Japanese
characters but did not support vertical writing.  ptex-jtex package
contains only style files which are compatible to ASCII jTeX, and they
are different from style files of NTT jTeX.  Therefore, ptex-jtex does
not mean the wrapper of ASCII pTeX to support NTT jTeX.

>> The main difference between JTeX and pTeX is their scheme of fonts.

>That is not necessarily a problem of the real engine, but the macro
>packages, no?

No, I believe that some extensions to real engine against TeX original
engine were needed to support Japanese characters.

--
TSUCHIYA Masatoshi