Re: a problem by jtex

Hi Norbert,

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 20:58:17 +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:

> But there is a package ptex-jtex which seems to try to emulate jtex with ptex. That is a different question.

I see.  Well, this is historical story.
Once pTeX's commands were called jtex/jlatex because
japanese(or japanized?) tex/latex but they confict with
JTeX's commands.  So, at some time, they changed commands
names as ptex/platex.
ptex-jtex package is, in short, "ptex" package of latex209
or when commans names were jtex/jlatex.

>> The main difference between JTeX and pTeX is their scheme
>> of fonts.
>
> That is not necessarily a problem of the real engine, but the macro packages, no?

Well, I think pTeX modifies real engine substantially.

Best regards, 	   	    2012-4-2(Mon)

--
 Debian Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>