Re: a problem by jtex

Hi TSUCHIYA-san, thanks for your comments.

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:27:22 +0900, TSUCHIYA Masatoshi wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:14:08 +0900 (JST)
>>> kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp (Atsuhito Kohda) said as follows:
>
>>I noticed an installation failure of new TeXLive packages on a system
>>with jtex-bin installed.  It failed to make format because jtex failed
>>to find jtex.ini file.
>
> I think the reason of this problem why jTeX and MulTeX depends on too
> old teTeX.  Actually, jTeX-2.1 and MulTeX-1.0 depends on teTeX-3.0.

Yes, that's right.

> The upstream author released the newer beta version of jTeX and MulTeX
> at ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/tex/texfam-1.5-beta/, which depends on
> TeXLive-2009.  It may be possible to combine this newer beta version of
> jTeX and MulTeX with the new TeXLive package.

I didn't notice the beta version.  It might be a good news.

> Unfortunately, I do not have enough time to maintain jTeX and MulTeX
> related packages.  I am looking for comaintainers.

JTeX is obsolete but it is useful not only to compile
old documents but also to use tools like tex4ht so
it is nice if we can maintain JTeX.

Best regards, 	     	      2012-4-2(Mon)

--
 Debian Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>