Re: Please enable people to help you in packaging

Thomas Weber <tweber@debian.org> wrote:

> 3) If you don't consider something to be a bug, please close it right
> away. There's no point in accumulating bugs just for the sake of it
> (#600339 is an example of such a bug).
>
> Number 3) is my personal opinion

I agree with you, I should have closed it.  However, my working style
was to never close such bugs in the first message.  That may look
aggressive to the submitter, and sometimes after a reply the underlying
"real wish" shows up, enabling us to make the package better.

However, in this case the submitter never responded, and the bug was
forgotten.

Is there some script to check for bugs with a maintainer answer but no
second mail by the submitter?

Frank Küster
Sprecher B90/Grüne OV Miltenberg und Umgebung
VCD Miltenberg, ADFC Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg
Debian Developer (TeXLive)