Re: what remains before upload to unstable

>>> - extreme 1: ignore duplications,, and add lintian overrides
>>> - extreme 2: ignore diffs, and always link

> BUT: I thought about it a bit and decided the following: Since ttf/otf
> fonts normally ship their metrics within the font, and those engines
> that use otf/ttf (xetex and luatex) are not using afm or tfm for these
> fonts, I suggest that we simply DROP all fonts as is and add
> depends and simple links to get it right. I.e., extreme 2 from above.
>
> What do you and maybe someone else think?

I agree. If somehow the TeXLive version is better than the one in the
separate Debian package, we'll not learn about this except by a bug
report by a user.  Then we can reassign the bug to the font package.

Frank Küster
Sprecher B90/Grüne OV Miltenberg und Umgebung
VCD Miltenberg, ADFC Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg
Debian Developer (TeXLive)