scalable-cyrfonts and font naming

Dear Karl, dear Anton,

I was preparing an NMU for scalable-cyrfonts and found a bug report
I wanted to fix, too, but I need your comment, Karl.

The point is the following: Scalable cyronts ships a set of type1 fonts
derived from URW fonts extended with cyrillic characters from
a variaty of soures, Karl, please see:
	packages.debian.org/t1-cyrillic
	packages.debian.org/t1-oldslavic
	packages.debian.org/scalable-cyrfonts-tex
When it comes to TeX fonts these fonts use the names
	Free Times, Free Helvetian, Free Helvetian Condensed, Free Courier,
	Free Avant Garde, Free Paladin, Free Schoolbook, Free Bookman,
	Free Chancery, Teams and OldSlavic.
and assign the following codes to them:
	ftm fhv fcr fag fbk fnc fpl fta fsj fzc
The problem is that the follwoing names are already taken in TeX Live:
	fpl:	TL package fpl: SC and OsF fonts for URW Palladio L
				shipping the fonts
		TL package psnfss: shipping fpl maps
	fnc:	TL package fouriernc:
		Use New Century Schoolbook text with Fourier maths fonts.
		all fonts

Now that creates a clash that is sub-optimal.

Karl, do you have a suggestion what to do in this case?

BOOTHBY GRAFFOE
1. The man in the pub who slaps people on the back as if they were old
   friends, when in fact he has no friends, largely on account of this
   habit. 2. Any story told by Robert Morley on chat shows.