Re: Anyone wants to program some perl?

Hi Julian,

thanks for your wrok!

On Sa, 10 Mär 2012, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > - the actual files should be checked
>
> What do you mean by this?

Is the actual file there in /usr/share/texlive/*

> > - if there are files that do NOT belong to this package in a directory,
> >   it CANNOT be collapsed to *, but every file needs to be listed!!!
> > - location of the doc files might e different, check the current TL 2011
> >   packages in Debian
>
> Again, not sure what you mean by this?

If in a directory foobar/ there are files from two different package,
we cannot state
	packageA: lppl
	foobar/*
but w have to list *all* the files indicidually!

And, the documentaion files in @docfiles are moved to different places
in our scripts, that is what I meant.

The aim is to give for every file installed by a texlive package some
license statement. And that has to refer to the *actual* files.

> Isn't this just going to be something along the lines of calling:
>   collapse_dirs(@filelist)
> from the TLUtils module?

Yes, of course I have already written long time ago a function for that,
but the above points are the real thing.

On Sa, 10 Mär 2012, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> I think the attached is a good first stab at the job.  It can handle
> multiple packages as well as individual packages.

Thanks, as said it is a good start, besides we have to check the
above two things. Or maybe collapse_dir is already doing this?

BEAULIEU HILL
The optimum vantage point from which one to view people undressing in
the bedroom across the street.