Re: TL2012 and ptex related packages

ささき様

On Di, 06 Mär 2012, Masayuki Hatta wrote:
> As I said that time, I don't use TeX much these days, so I greatly
> appreciate if you could take over all of my TeX-related packages.  As
> you might know Youhei Sasaki @uwabami is also interested in taking
> over those,  so please contact him.

How do we do here? Concerning dvips-jp etc that are not in TeX Live,
this is a good idea. But for ptex* and mendexk how do we do?
The current status of the TL2012pre Debian packages include all those
programs already.

Honestly speaking I think it would be easier to have it as part of
the TL packages, but I don't force anyhing here.

Please let me know your opinion

Norbert

> 2012年3月3日10:55 Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>:
> > 香田様、八田様
> >
> > I would like to consult you about your packages related to ptex
> > in Debian:
> >        kohda@debian.org: makejvf, morisawa
> >        mhatta@debian.org: ptex*, mendexk
> > We are currently packaging TL2012 (pre) for Debian, and in TL2012
> > there will be all kind of ptex related programs, including uptex.
> >
> > We can either depend on your packages to provide all the necessary
> > files, or we could take over ptex and related things into TeX Live
> > and superseed forementioned packages. My inclination is *slightly*
> > to move to the TeX Live versions, as there has been quite some
> > development in TeX Live in cooperation with the Japanese group,
> > as you for sure are well aware. But of course I will honour your
> > wish in case you prefer to continue maintaining these packages.
> >
> > If you are interested in checking the current status, please take
> > a look at
> >        deb(-src) http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ pool/
> >
> > Please let me know your preferences, and don't hesitate to pose any
> > further questions that might come to your mind!

SCOPWICK (n.)
The flap of skin which is torn off you lip when trying to smoke an
untipped cigarette.