Re: add a package specific entries to texdoc database

Thanks for the prompt reply.

On 23/02/12 20:36, Frank Küster wrote:
Jerome BENOIT<g6299304p@rezozer.net>  wrote:

Hello List:

On 23/02/12 11:59, Frank Küster wrote:
Jerome BENOIT<g6299304p@rezozer.net>   wrote:

Hello List:

What is the best way to add new entries in texdoc ?

TeXdoc automatically finds all documentation installed in the texmf
trees (and, since in Debian documentation should be in /usr/share/doc,
we work with symlinks).

Ok !
What is the best Debian way to add such links ?

Hm, what about "ln -s"?  Or dh_link if you like debhelper?  Or if you
prefer cdbs there's some other way for sure, I don't care.

Ok.

Or do you mean texdoctk?

I meant both.

Forget texdoctk.  The only way to add something there is by making
changes upstream.  And that would mean to become the new upstream.  If
you have energy and want to invest it in TeX documentation, there's
probably better things to do than adopt texdoctk.

I will forget texdoctk (as maintainer and as user).

I have a naive question:
is /usr/share/doc/texmf only meant for texdoc ?

Second, I have noticed troubles for texdoc with compressed PDF files:
0] is this issue on the way to be solved ?
1] is it a better idea to put only uncompressed PDF ?
2] is it a good idea to use internally compressed PDF ?

Thanks,
Jerome