Re: Request to join the TeX Task Force

Hi Daniele,

welcome!

On Di, 24 Jan 2012, Daniele Tricoli wrote:
> I would be glad to join the TeX Task Force. I am already a member of the
> Debian Python Module Team and, of course, a TeX user.

So here you are, member.

> I would like to start working on the License Auditing. Where should I have

Please go ahead, I am fine with any help.

> to put the results? We can just use a wiki page like Fedora's
> developers[¹]? I think we could also work together with Fedora developers
> for the License Auditing; what do you think about?

Fedora: Which, BTW, is complete rubbish, I have to tell them. The classify
ptex as non-free, and state that it is "chinese" grrr... its Japanese,
and there is a English Copyright statement.

I don't see much win in re-doing what Feora did. Fedora reported to
the upstream TL mailing list, we (upstream) TL have acted upon that
by:
- fixing/uploading new versions with fixed copyright
- removing definitely non-free stuff from TL
so the license auditing should be done on TL (upstream) level,
not each distribution by itself.

Thus, I suggest you to:
- join the upstream texlive mailing list
- read through the thread started by Jindrich (fedora) on that topic
- help tracking down missing things
- fix it in TL upstream.

And when TL2011 is packaged, then we have all these problems solved.

> My alioth login is eriol-guest: I'm sending a request to join also through
> the alioth join project page.

I am not overly happy to immediately add you out of the simple reason that
this also allows access to the svn repository. But I have you added
anyway.

Welcome

ULLINGSWICK (n.)
An over-developed epiglottis found in middle-aged coloraturas.