Re: bibtool: kpathsea: HAVE_PROTOTYPES macro

On 22/01/12 10:58, Frank Küster wrote:
Jerome BENOIT<g6299304p@rezozer.net>  wrote:

I have just gone through the debian/changelog : in 2006

   * Rebuild with new libkpathsea package

So that was with libkpathsea4, now we have libkpathsea5 for a while.
The new soname version is not completely "clean", but it is much better
than older versions.

You could ask upstream,

In the bibtool, when a kpathsea header  is included, HAVE_PROTOTYPE is defined

  but I fear in the end the most promising
approach is to test it...

in the debian folder, there is a `stresstest' script: I guess it meant for that.

Is it of the same age as that test?

No idea as it is not dated and there is no comment about it in the debian/changelog file.

 Do you have an idea what "works
better" actually meant,  can it be tested with that script?

The USAGE message says:

 This script runs bibtool with many different arguments and is
intended to help comparing the behaviour of old and new bibtool
binaries when updating the package.

I will give it a try once I finish the packaging.

Will it hurt if it is let ?

Again, no idea.

Regards, Frank

Thanks,