Improvements to http://tug.org/texlive/debian.html

Thanks for keeping this page up to date. Some suggestions for further
improvement:

1. TeX release goals for lenny: since lenny is now oldstable, is there
a more up-to-date page, e.g. for current testing? If so, perhaps link
to it; if not, perhaps consider updating the lenny page? And maybe
call the page "TeX release goals", URL release-goals.html, and only
say *which* release you mean on the actual page, then it is easier to
keep up-to-date without renaming it every time.

2. http://pkg-tetex.alioth.debian.org/foreign_bugs.html, linked to
from "Bugs in other packages that violate the TeX policy": this page
appears to be obsolete. All the bugs are fixed, except for one minor
bug marked "will not fix". Hence I suggest you remove this page and
the link to it. Congratulations on a successfully completed
transition!

3. "An unfinished document about configuration file handling is here":
http://pkg-tetex.alioth.debian.org/TeX-configuration-on-Debian.pdf.
Most of the questions in this document seem now to have been resolved.
Perhaps it's worth removing this link and instead pointing to the
relevant chapter of Debian Policy?

The following paragraph is confusing:

If you want to have a system closely mirroring a TeX Live DVD, you can
install the texlive-full packages, which pulls in all packages. At the
moment it can only recommend some packages I have updated (see above
and below for updpkg), but later on - as soon as all these packages
are fixed to work with texlive - thee will be real depends. I.e., do

	apt-get install texlive-full

There is no other mention of updpkg on this page, either above or
below, so maybe delete "(see above and below for updpkg)". Also, the
last bit of the paragraph may be redundant (have the mentioned
malfunctioning packages been fixed now?). Ideally, this paragraph
would read simply:

  To obtain a system closely mirroring a TeX-Live DVD, run:

	apt-get install texlive-full

  which pulls in all the TeX-Live packages.

If you do want to keep the original wording, note the typo "thee" → "there".

Since version information is given at the top of the page, I suggest
you remove this sentence: "Note that in Debian stable aka lenny there
is TeX Live 2007, and in Debian testing/unstable there is TeX Live
2009."

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org