Re: texlive-pictures: updates of pgf and pgfplots

Dear Stephan,

please send such requests to the maintainer mailing lists, not to
individual maintainers (who may be more or, sometimes, less available at
the time you send the mail).

Stephan Beyer <s-beyer@gmx.net> wrote:

> I'm a heavy user of pgf and pgfplots. I once installed texlive-pictures
> to use them. However, I need recent features, hence I use the more
> recent versions from CTAN
> 	pgf 2.10
> 	pgfplots 1.5
> whereas the recent Debian texlive-pictures provides only
> 	pgf 2.00
> 	pgfplots 1.2.2
>
> Is this a bug or a feature?

It's a wishlist bug "please package TeXLive 2011".  Will be fixed once
there is enough manpower to do the job.

> (And btw: What is the Debian-conform way to install and use packages
> from CTAN? The update from 2009-14 to 2009-15 has overwritten my more
> recent CTAN versions...)

There are "TeX-on-Debian" documentation files in various formats in
/usr/share/doc/tex-common which explain this.  If you have any idea how
to improve their visibility (i.e. how to make it easier to find them) or
to make the content more clear, please be so kind and file a bug.

Frank Küster
Sprecher B90/Grüne OV Miltenberg und Umgebung
VCD Miltenberg, ADFC Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg
Debian Developer (TeXLive)