Re: [RFR] templates://texlive-base/{templates}

Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> wrote:

>     This system's TeX binaries currently use different default paper
>     sizes. Please choose which of them should get the system paper size
>     (${libpaperPaper}) as their default.

That sounds fine, thank you.

>> PS: I did not review the packages descriptions. They are "just" a
>> collection of CTAN packages. Just one remark: I don't understand why
>> the first apragraph of some of them is hard-formatted (starting with
>> two spaces).
>
> Well, here's a review of the descriptions, but I won't mind if
> it's ignored.

It's probably going to be ignored, because the text is generated from
the individual packages' descriptions in the TeX Catalogue on CTAN.  So
one commit for each line, with a considerable possibility that the
original text has already been changed in the last two years.

> What I'd *like* to do is perform a global s/--/-/, eliminate the
> capitalisation of the first letter (and redundant articles) in the
> descriptions, improve their structural parallelism (standardising
> either towards noun phrases or verb phrases throughout) and make
> them all end in a semicolon, but to reduce the intrusiveness of the
> patch I'll leave all that for another time.
>
> Instead I'll just try to make them stylistically consistent and fill
> in some mysterious blanks.

You could submit this to the TeX Catalogue, though.  There's no bug
adress in the Catalogue AFAICS, but writing to Robin Fairbairns
<Robin.Fairbairns@cl.cam.ac.uk> might help.

>>   ntgclass -- "European" versions of standard classes.
>
> ("European" how?  As opposed to what?  I mean, given that most of
> us are writing European languages in European alphabetic scripts,
> presumably this is targeted at more or less every TeX user
> outside China, right?)

European as opposed to the US, of course...

Frank Küster
Sprecher B90/Grüne OV Miltenberg und Umgebung
VCD Miltenberg, ADFC Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg
Debian Developer (TeXLive)