Re: TL2011 - now is the time to chime in!

On Mi, 27 Jul 2011, Frank Küster wrote:
> Do you, and when do you plan to swich to git?  I must admit that I am

See other email. I am not really in favor of switching to git
for the TeX stuff, although I am using git for many other projects.

> considering to reduce my involvement (if even further reducement is
> possible) after finalizing the papersize and set -e stuff, and watching
> it entering sid.  Therefore I'd maybe rather not learn git at this
> time...

Well understood. Also "reducing involvement" sounds a bit sad :-(

> What is your timeline?  Would you object me uploading tl-binaries_2009
> and tl-base_2009 to sid in the next couple of days if my testing
> succeeds?

No no please go ahead, I am fine with that.

The set-e patcehs will need some work to get them working with TL2011,
and updmap debianization has to be rewritten, since updmap is now
a perl script, but that has to be done independently.

ABERYSTWYTH (n.)
A nostalgic yearning which is in itself more pleasant than the thing
being yearned for.