Re: Multiarch in Debian unstable

On Mo, 04 Jul 2011, Frank Küster wrote:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> > If you are a maintainer of a shared library package,
>
> we are - the famous libkpathsea5
>
> > you can convert it to
> > multiarch today following the instructions in the Debian wiki:

You *can*, but actually do we need to?

I remember reading this email and found that it is mainly for
libs that are used in programs that need a specific arch to run.
But TL and related programs can be compiled on all archs, so I don't
see any urgent need to invest much time here.

> > /usr/include/$arch.  As a result, you may prefer to wait for a complete
> > patch that addresses multiarch for both runtime and development use cases
> > before uploading.

Yeah, waiting is alwas fine ;-)

BRECON
That part of the toenail which is designed to snag on nylon sheets.