Re: TL 2011 packing and Blacklisting

On Mi, 08 Jun 2011, Marc J. Driftmeyer wrote:
> Could you please define the criteria for Debian Blacklisting?

Very simple, what is not DFSG free will be blacklisted.
That is an obligation.

In fact TL upstream adopts the very same policy (*), so packages
that do not have a DFSG free license will normally be kicked out
of upstream TeX Live as soon as we find out.

(*) There is one exception, namely that upstream TeX Live accepts
    GFDL with invariant sections etc etc, while DFSG does not allow
    that, so we have to throw away some of the very nice documents
    due to the - IMHO - rubbish interpretation of some Debian zealots.
    (That spoken, I am still DD and supporting and implementing the
    Debian rules, although I at times disagree with them).

Does this answer all your questions?

Best

The suit into which the man's body had been stuffed looked
as if it's only purpose in life was to demonstrate how
difficult it was to get this sort of body into a suit.