Re: SVN tex-common commit: r4812 - in tex-common/trunk: conf/texmf.d debian debian/po

On Di, 29 Mär 2011, Frank Küster wrote:
> > - disable shell_escape completely, fix for DSA-2198-1, CVE-2011-1400
>
> Is the rationale for this change somewhere documented?  Will upstream
> follow the same reasoning?

Reason: arbitrary code execution
upstream ha retracted before the releae of TL2009, but we forgot
to follow that in our texmf.cnf in tex-common. It was some time
in TL2009 dev cycle.

For TL2010 this was activated again for a very limited amount
of programs where we verfied that no arbitrary writing outside
the local dir etc can be done.

BANFF
Pertaining to, or descriptive of, that kind of facial expression which
is impossible to achieve except when having a passport photograph
taken.