NMU for http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=610714? (auctex)

Hi,

I'd like to get a fix uploaded for #610714 for auctex in squeeze. This should be straightforward. The fix breaks preview with the version of ghostscript in squeeze (8.71~dfsg2-6.1), and was patched in upstream CVS in October 2010 (the patch is only to preview.el). According to Ralf Angeli, the patch's author, the fix should be backportable to 11.85. It was applied post 11.86.

According to #debian-release on OFTC, the first thing is to get a fix into sid. Patching 11.86 in sid is easy, easier than patching 11.85.

Perhaps the auctex maintainer will take care of it, but if not, then I'm willing to prepare an NMU if no more qualified person is willing. But I'm not a Debian packager, so someone will have to review and upload in that case.

Please CC me on any reply. I'm not subscribed to either the Debian tex or emacs mailing lists. Thanks.

                                                          Regards, Faheem