Re: dpkg install-info problem

On 15.01.11 Joseph Ho (joseph.ho@hotmail.com) wrote:

Hi,

> Please help me to take look this problem. Right now, I can't update
> or install any programmer. I tried my ways to fix it, however it
> still remind me like this:
>
> dpkg: parse error, in file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 6129 package 'install-info':
>  Configured-Version for package with inappropriate Status

This is not a problem in install-info but a broken
/var/lib/dpkg/status file. Did you google for that error message?

A first try would be to replace /var/lib/dpkg/status by
/var/lib/dpkg/status-old (a backup of that file) and hope that
/var/lib/dpkg/status-old is still not corrupt.

H.
--
stab_val(stab)->str_nok = 1;    /* what a wonderful hack! */
		-- Larry Wall in stab.c from the perl source code