Re: Debian Squeeze / texlive-2009 --> file fmex9.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading

2010/7/13 Eric Noulard <eric.noulard@gmail.com>:
> After some Texlive update (not sure when, but some 2/3 weeks ago)
> A latex file which used to compile stopped compiling (with pdflatex)....
>
> producing this error:
>
> !pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file fmex9.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for read
> ing
>  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
>
> I did try several ideas from
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/380406
> nothing successful.
>
> I use other (non-debian) linux computer with texlive 2008 and the file
> compiled OK on those machine.
>
> Any clue?
> How can I help to investigate this issue?

I'm answering to myself because I finally get the answer from there:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/771bd8f21acb8571?pli=1

"It is caused by the pdfmap file in $HOME/.texmf-var.
 The solution is just remove or rename $HOME/.texmf-var to $HOME/.texmf-
var_old. "

Sorry for the noise.

--
Erk