Debian Squeeze / texlive-2009 --> file fmex9.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading

After some Texlive update (not sure when, but some 2/3 weeks ago)
A latex file which used to compile stopped compiling (with pdflatex)....

producing this error:

!pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file fmex9.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for read
ing
 ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

I did try several ideas from
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/380406
nothing successful.

I use other (non-debian) linux computer with texlive 2008 and the file
compiled OK on those machine.

Any clue?
How can I help to investigate this issue?

--
Erk
http://www.april.org