Re: Preparing for Debian stable release

On Mo, 05 Jul 2010, Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) wrote:
> >        $proram -recorder ...
> > and set us the .fls file. This way it is easy to see if there are
> > old formats hanging around in the homedir ($TEXMFVAR) or some old files
> > in TEXFMHOW/TEXMFLOCAL.
>
> Do you mean a tool like `script' would be enough?  Or actually have a

I have already adjusted the message in the bug script to mention -recorder.

> "--recorder" option in each binary?

No of course not.

I only want that people use -recorder with test files ...

> Or run `latex' with `KPATHSEA_DEBUG=-1'?

might be useful, too, but produces tons of output which is a bit
a pain to read, which -reocrder in 90% of the cases shows what is
going wrong (which is, in 90% of the cases, some stray files in $HOME)

Pages one and two [of Zaphod's presidential speech] had
been salvaged by a Damogran Frond Crested Eagle and had
already become incorporated into an extraordinary new form
of nest which the eagle had invented. It was constructed
largely of papier mache and it was virtually impossible for
a newly hatched baby eagle to break out of it. The Damogran
Frond Crested Eagle had heard of the notion of survival of
the species but wanted no truck with it.
                 --- An example of Damogran wildlife.