Building tex packages

Hello,

I am part of the ubuntu manual team and we use texlive to make the pdf
for our manual. The packages in ubuntu lucid work with the addition of a
few things. How ever not all our users are using lucid, therefore I have
been asked to put it all in a ppa. I have spent a few days trying to
package texlive with not much luck. The readme is very extensive but
appears to talk about a file that doesn't exists.

I have got [1] and [2], however after making sure that the make file
points to the texlive-2009.0 master folder. But running make all gives:

make all
perl tpm2deb-source.pl make-deb-source
--oldsource=/media/Back-Up/tmp/texlive2009/trunk/src
--master=/media/Back-Up/tmp/texlive-2009.0/Master texlive-base
texlive-doc texlive-lang texlive-extra \
		2>&1 | tee texlive.sourcebuild.log
Cannot find texworks.i386-linux!
Cannot find xecyr.i386-linux!
Please create a .orig.tar.gz first!
Start loading config file ...
 ... done
Building data hash ...
Checking consistency ...
 ... tlpdb and config file are consistent, good!
Working on texlive-base, arch=all
changelog header=texlive-base (2009-9) unstable; urgency=low
changelog version: 2009-9
PACKAGE=texlive-base ARCH=all VERSION=2009 REVISION=9
mkdir -p pool
mv *.dsc *.diff.gz *.orig.tar.gz pool
mv: cannot stat `*.dsc': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `*.diff.gz': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `*.orig.tar.gz': No such file or directory
make: *** [sources] Error 1

I am also trying to compile the xindy package as this hasn't been in
ubuntu since intrepid and is something we use

I have the git branch from [3], but I have been unable to work out how
to get the necessary files for the ppa.

Is there an irc channel that the team uses?

I Look forward to hearing from you.

Luke Jennings

[1] svn export svn://svn.debian.org/debian-tex/texlive2009/
[2] svn co svn://tug.org/texlive/tags/texlive-2009.0
[3] http://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xindy.html